Friday, October 7, 2011

Made a friend today

Took a walk along the river Mayenne, and ended up in La Maison D'Europe. It is a place where people can find out about travelling in Europe including some local information.
I was merely wanting to find out how to buy a ticket to get to some towns in france by autocar(bus). I asked the front desk if they spoke any Anglais. They pointed me to another office. The young woman at the desk was shy at first, but she scribbled a map to get to where I needed.
She asked what I was doing in Laval, and though interrupted on the phone a few times, seemed genuinely interested in our conversation. She asked me if I would be interested in meeting next week. She wants to improve in her Anglais and would be willing to help me in Francais. "C'est bonne" I replied in my most enthusiastic french. I honestly was not sure how to make a connection like this, but it just happened. The icing on the cake is that she has a musician friend she said she could introduce me too.

2 comments: