Friday, October 14, 2011







Food in France

At the Laval Samedi(Saturday) Marche(market)

A bread shop that Tom & I love.  Not the closest boulangerie, but the best so far

The sell cheeses of all sorts at the marche

A cool seafood window display

A simple lunch of smoked mackerel, salad with strawberries and vinagriette, cubed cooked beets and bread that is so good you don't need butter.





Moules(mussels) et Frites(fries).  Our dormitory had a feast for the residents which was delicious, and we got to meet some of the people who live here




My first baguette 


3 comments:

  1. Ooooo la la!! Will you please teleport me the lot?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could send you some...we are very fortunate.

    I spent many minutes this morning trying to decide on cheeses for this week. I really enjoy the camembert and chevre. I transport everything by bus, so I cannot go too wild, but it saves money to cook and eat at home. I have some rose flavored pudding cooling in the fridge at this moment.

    ReplyDelete