Friday, October 7, 2011

Laval:mon premiere semaine


To the left, a monastery I passed by on my way to river.  Did not get to look inside, but I really love the way the leaves are changing colors, and how it's captured on many walls around town.  Another house bedecked with fall colors on right.


 E.S.I.A. the technical school where Tom works at seems to be one of many small schools in the area.
This past weekend the cafeteria that serves the students in this side of town burned.  You can see the picture of the car, which supposedly was the culprit for the damage.  The staff at the school, Eric & Laurent were a bit unsure what to do since the students were starting this week.
On my way to 6Par4, a concert venue on the other side of the river.  I was able to get tickets for a show on Sunday.   A group called Tinariwen, which coincidentally are playing in Santa Cruz later this month of Oct. 

You can find them on youtube or home page above, they seem to be international artists who have played with Carlos Santana & Robert Plant.

No comments:

Post a Comment