Sunday, August 21, 2011

Packing

What can you live without, for a month and a half?  Tom, wants to simplify our living situation by packing pretty much everything we don't need between now and right before we take off for Laval, France. 

Champagne glasses are a no brainer.  Most books too, although we are leaving out any french study guides, and I'm not sure what sort of sheet music I may want to scan for practicing yet. 
I think I am sore from packing, but it's also exhilarating because it's quite a drastic change for us newlyweds.  Covering the main dishes with newspaper felt weird knowing I wouldn't see it all til January.  Goodbye sea otter mug! 


It is good to rely on less.  I know that I've been enjoying the comforts of the cal king a little too much when the prospect of settling for a camping air mattress or futon on the floor seems like a prison sentence.

1 comment:

  1. Funny listening to you pack! Our stuff will be in storage for almost two years by the time we get it...if we get it on time! It will be like Christmas opening up our POD and getting our stuff back!

    ReplyDelete